Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to The Workplace Inc. and governs data collection and usage.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use or register with our site, we may collect certain information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
With respect to visitors of our site, we collect the following categories of information from your browser or directly from you when you visit our site:
- Identifiers if you wish to fill out a form, in which case you will need to provide your first and last name, email
With respect to job applicants, candidates and our employees, we collect the following categories of information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact information (email, address and phone number), and any login ID or email address and password created by you
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job search criteria and preferences, your availability to work, your employment experience, educational history, your skills, reference information, background check information, pay / compensation expectations, ability to work in the United States, languages spoken, and other information contained in your resume
- Emergency contact information consisting of full name and phone number
By providing your mobile phone number to us, you opt in and consent to receive text messages from us, which includes but is not limited to text messages sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of working with us. If you do not wish to receive marketing text messages, do not provide us with your mobile phone number.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We specify below the business and commercial purposes for which we use Personal Information. We use Personal Information to register you with our site, to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, to manage our relationship with you, to develop and carry out marketing activities, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages, text messages (message and data rates may apply), or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information. We may also use Personal Information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, protecting the site from abuse, and improving our services.
In addition to the above purposes, we use your information as described in the section below titled “Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes”.
- NO SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information.
- DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
For business and commercial purposes, The Workplace Inc. may disclose to third parties the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
The Workplace Inc. may disclose such Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with our third-party service providers who perform business functions and services on our behalf.
- Customers and Prospective Customers. Customers and prospective customers may request professional and employment-related information for purposes of evaluating a Candidate’s credentials, skills and experience. Customers may also need to approve and process timesheet information for Candidates.
- Candidates. We may share Personal Information of our Customers or prospective customers to Candidates such as when a Candidate must know information about whom to contact when going on an interview or an assignment with a Customer or prospective customer.
- As required or appropriate by law. We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of The Workplace Inc. or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, date, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Sites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
- Cookies and related technologies: When you use our Site, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means such as browser analysis tools, and web server logs. For example, we may collect your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. In many cases, the information we collect is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about web site users to optimize our website and understand its traffic and usage patterns. Additionally, if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically. If we associate Location Information with other Personal Information, this Privacy Statement governs how we would use that information too.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads regarding our services when you access and use other websites, based on information relating to your use of our Site. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). By utilizing the Site, you consent to the use of cookie or other tracking technologies to serve you retargeted advertising.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Site links.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “CONTACT US” section below.
- CHOICES RELATING TO RECEIVING EMAIL FROM US
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each such email. Otherwise, you may unsubscribe by doing either of the following:
- Call 1 (815) 961-9679
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- CHOICES RELATING TO SMS TERMS
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related texts from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by texting “STOP” to us at any time. You may call 1 (815) 961-9679 for assistance relating to text messages we send.
- USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
This Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints, or if you would like to update any personal information you have provided to us, please contact the webmaster at the mailing address or email address below.
The Workplace Inc.
4701 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Email Address: email@example.com
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.