YWCA Child Care Quality Specialist
Responsible for increasing the quality of care in child care settings, with a focus on high need children first. In addition, providing training, technical assistance, consultation and resources to child care providers to assist them in achieving/maintaining an ExceleRate Illinois Circle of Quality.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in child development or early childhood education OR a Bachelor degree in one of the following related fields (Child Psychology/Behavioral Sciences, Family Consumer Sciences, Social Work, Elementary Education, Child Welfare, Family Services, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development) with a minimum of 18 hours in early childhood coursework.
- Minimum two (2) years paid experience working in a child care setting as a family child care provider, center-based administrator, center-based teacher or teacher assistant or Illinois Preschool for All teacher
- Shall be an Approved Trainer for the Gateways to Opportunity Registry within twelve (12) months of employment
- Must complete required Illinois Department of Human Services trainings, travel required.
- Technical proficiency with a personal computer and various software packages
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and mentoring techniques
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
- Comfortable with networking and establishing collaborations
- Strong knowledge of community resources
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.