Job Title: Director, YW TechLab
Reports to: CAO
Job summary: Director, YW TechLab will spend 100% of their time in the YW TechLab program and will oversee the operations of the program, recruit new employment partners, recruit participants, and provide in class instruction as needed for students enrolled in the program.
The position will work with individual program participants to ensure timely and successful completion of the program. This will be achieved through assessments of progress and implementation of additional support as needed, in coordination with YW TechLab Case Manager. This position is a salaried exempt position.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in professional IT experience and certifications
- Minimum five years’ experience in the IT field; instructional background preferred
- CompTIA+ Certified, or additional IT related certifications
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, though not required
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds; sit; stand; bend; twist
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
Basic skill requirements
- Computers and Electronics: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of participants or partners to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Public Speaking: Ability to create and present information on the organization and program in an engaging and informative manner.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Recruit new employer partners for intern placement and curriculum input.
- Recruit new participants into the YW TechLab.
- Provide in-class instruction, when necessary, provide technical assistance to participants working on self-study certifications.
- Manage contracted instructors and Case Manager.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts as necessary in coordination with contracted instructors.
- Supervise participant attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional development.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Initiate internship placements with employer partners. Monitor progress and address issues during the internships.
- Confer with YW TechLab Case Manager to discuss progress, resolve behavioral, academic, and other challenges, and to determine priorities for participants and their resource needs.
- Ensure accurate and complete participant records are being maintained.
- Plan career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
- Attend meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description should not be read as creating an express or implied contract, nor is it intended to alter the employment-at-will relationship. Employment with the YWCA Northwestern Illinois is “at-will” and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, at the option of either the YWCA or the employee.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift|