Job Title: YW TechLab Case Manager
Reports to: Director, YW TechLab
Job summary: The Case Manager will spend 100% of their time in the YW TechLab program and will provide case management to participants, perform comprehensive intake including educational assessment, develop individual education and employment plans, and identify and eliminate barriers.
The position will work with individual program participants to ensure timely and successful completion of the program. This will be achieved through assessments of progress and implementation of additional support as needed. This position is an hourly non-exempt position.
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years related case management experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, though not required
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds; sit; stand; bend; twist
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
Basic skill requirements
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of participants or partners to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Complete comprehensive intakes of participants to identify; career readiness, existing skills and gaps, and barriers for program completion and solutions to barriers.
- Evaluate participants educational level, abilities, and interests using tests, records, interviews, and professional sources.
- Develop individual education and employment plans.
- Provide crisis intervention to participants when difficult situations occur.
- Confer with YW TechLab Director to discuss progress, resolve behavioral, academic, and other challenges, and to determine priorities for participants and their resource needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records.
- Conduct follow-up interviews with participants to determine if their needs have been met.
- Instruct individuals in career development techniques, such as job search and application strategies, resume writing, and interview skills.
- Assist Director with planning and career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
- Prepare reports on participants and activities as required by administration.
- Attend meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops.
- Compile and study occupational, educational, and economic information to assist Program Director in determining and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description should not be read as creating an express or implied contract, nor is it intended to alter the employment-at-will relationship. Employment with the YWCA Northwestern Illinois is “at-will” and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, at the option of either the YWCA or the employee.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift|