YW Tech Lab Instructor
This is a Full-Time position, $50,000 per year. Each cohort will contain no more than 25 students. Front End Web Development = 15-week cohort; CompTIA+ = 100-hour cohort; Google IT Support Professional Certificate = TA provided in coordination with Tech Lab Supervisor.
Reports to: Supervisor, YW Tech Lab
Job summary: Facilitate learning experiences to adult learners, leading to certification in Front End Web Development, CompTIA+ certification, and Google IT Support Professional Certificate. Job requires a knowledgeable programmer or instructor to help Implement YW Tech Lab curriculum, including Front End Web Development and CompTIA+. Work directly with the specified curriculum to create a syllabus outline and curate external content sources to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in professional IT experience and certifications
- Minimum five years’ experience in the IT field; instructional background preferred
- CompTIA+ Certified, or additional IT related certifications
- Professional experience or training as a Frontend or Full-Stack developer
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, computer basics
- Familiar with libraries such as Bootstrap and Material UI
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff and program participants through verbal and written communications
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
Summary of essential job functions:
- Apply educational techniques and philosophies to help design a first-in-class syllabus that teaches current concepts in Frontend Web Development and CompTIA+.
- Collaborate with YW Tech Lab Supervisor and program consultant to craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience.
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible units and modules.
- In coordination with YW Tech Lab Supervisor, curate external material to supplement current Frontend curriculum.
- Collaborate with team to author high-quality projects that are worthy of being part of a learner’s portfolio.
- Propose updates to existing material to reflect current standards in Frontend Development and CompTIA+.
- Gain familiarity with the Google IT Support Professional Certificate program in order to provide technical assistance to students.
- Facilitate scheduled classes utilizing Front End Web Development curriculum and CompTIA+ curriculum.
- Prepare students for certification exams.
|Job Category||First Shift, Full Time|