Program Aide – Head Start Program
We are accepting applications for program aides for the Head Start Program.
Applications are being accepted at:
4701 E. State Street, Rockford.
Contact workplace for questions: 815-961-0600
Hours: 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM and then 3:15 PM – 4:30 PM (M-F)
Make a difference in the lives of children by becoming a Program Aide assisting the City of Rockford’s Head Start program.
All Program Aide positions are part-time, approximately 20-30 hours per week, and last through the school year. Program Aides are primarily responsible for assisting with the safe transportation of children (ages 3-5) to and from the Head Start program. Additional tasks will include assisting with site maintenance and food service.
- Assist assigned Bus Driver to ensure the safe transportation of children to and from Head Start sites.
- Assist with lunch service.
- Pick up litter on grounds.
- Assists with other related duties as may be assigned to facilitate the effective provision of services to children and families enrolled in the Head Start Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to form effective partnership/team relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated commitment to the care and development of young children.
- Ability to project a positive image of the Head Start Program.
- Ability to follow all program procedures and to complete required documents as directed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; some experience with young children.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from work.
- Must meet all standards and requirements as set forth by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
- Will be expected to take on flexible site assignment.
- Maintain child and family confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients and the community.
- Regular attendance and promptness is an expectation.
|Job Category||First Shift, Part Time|