Under general supervision, performs a variety of secretarial duties and administrative tasks, makes regular decisions such as interpreting department processes, answering questions from the general public or prioritizing work assignments and performs related duties as required.
1. Operates a computer to view, enter, revise, process, print and distribute departmental information; creates and produces a variety of written materials such as forms, correspondence, manuals, contracts, agreements, articles, lists, invoices, reports, records, schedules and other documents of similar complexity independently or from general instruction.
2. Develops and maintains computerized and hard copy filing systems, documents, spreadsheets, databases or files to enter information and generate reports.
3. Receive and screen callers and visitors and directs them to the appropriate party.
4. Acts as a problem identification/resource, answering questions, providing guidance and following up with departmental customers in resolving problems.
5. Processes secretarial transactions involving multiple steps and the application of complex and varied guidelines; approves exceptions within assigned scope of authority.
6. General office/secretarial duties such as monitoring/ordering departmental office supplies; collating and assembling documents; accepting and delivering departmental correspondence; photocopying/faxing correspondence; attend meetings and take/distribute meeting minutes.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
8. Performs all duties in accordance with Townships policies and procedures.
9. Regular attendance is required..
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED equivalent, four years previous clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience with database systems is preferred.
Knowledge of all related computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite).
Knowledge of current business office methods, practices, machines and equipment.
Excellent communication and public relations abilities.
Establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with staff, residents, families, and the general public.
Well organized, accurate, and attentive to details.
Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately.