POSITION: LAB ANALYST
FLSA: FULL TIME/TEMPORARY
NATURE OF WORK
This position serves the public through the accurate and timely completion of a variety of elementary lab procedures in compliance with defined methodology.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs work of routine difficulty, assisting the lab team with routine analysis of water and waste samples.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Performs standard lab tests in accordance with defined methodology
- Setups, operates and calibrates a variety of lab equipment such as electronic balance, UV/VIS spectrophotometer and specific ion meter
- Assists with general cleanup of work area and related tasks.
- Keeps lab area, equipment and supplies clean
- Observes basic safety practices
- Inventories chemicals, supplies and glass ware.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Good knowledge of basic arithmetic and reading; some knowledge of lab procedures and equipment.
Ability to work with technical staff; to handle expensive glassware with sufficient care to minimize breakage; to perform repetitive lifting of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.; to work safety in a laboratory setting and to maintain consistent attendance.
ACCEPTING EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Completion of two semesters of college level chemistry or biology is required. Associates Degree in science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a closely related field preferred; two (2) years of technical experience in performing chemical analyses in a laboratory; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Possession of a valid driver’s license from the state of residence at the time of hire with a driving record suitable to Four Rivers Sanitation Authority.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||Full Time|