Summary of Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, performs a variety of professional personnel management tasks in support of the County Human Resources Management Program.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Assists Human Resources Director in day to day operations of the
- Conducts position evaluations, job classifications, assesses the budgetary impact of compensation decisions and provides oversight of compliance with regulations and labor
- The compensation specialist collaborates with others to determine staffing needs, design and adjust salary structures and compensation packages and develop policies and procedures.
- Reviews and understands multiple Union/Bargaining
- Prepares pertinent reports, letters, and memos, pulling various reports from Munis; preparing and conducting
- Creates, maintains, and updates job
- Is responsible for the upkeep and the maintenance of the liability contracts and
- Provides technical assistance in development of a policy and procedure manual, updates manual and monitors process for revision distribution; makes necessary changes to Emergency Evacuation Manuals and monitor process for revision distribution.
- Conducts all job audits and makes recommendations to HR Director/Department Heads, ensuring County wide consistency of positions.
- Creates maintains, and develops Winnebago County Policies. This includes administering training platforms and performing training programs to ensure the compliance of policies by the correlating
- Maintains the Winnebago County EEOP, EEO4 and Affirmative Action
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including EEO and Affirmative Action
- Performs all duties in accordance with County policies and
- Performs other duties as required or
- Regular attendance is required, overtime as needed/scheduled.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study is
- A minimum of five years of experience working in Human Resources is
- SHRM Certification or similar is
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification is
- Knowledge of standard personnel policies, procedures, State and Federal
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in
- Must be a team player and be able to establish and maintain effective working
- Requires ability to plan, direct, and coordinate events and
- Requires ability to be flexible and to maintain control in stressful
- Requires ability to evaluate statistics and write
- Requires ability to establish and maintain working relationships with professional people, public officials, and the
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the Essential Functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift|