Provides clinic administrative and treatment support for patients seeking physical/occupational therapy services. This position interacts with the patient, family members, health care providers and external medical professionals maintaining patient confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA requirements.
Hours and location:
This is a part time position assigned at the Winnebago clinic working Monday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm and Friday 7 am to 12 pm. Additional hours and full time status are available for candidates interested in working at our Rockford office as well.
General Office Duties:
- Front Desk/PT Tech responsibilities include first line contact with patients receiving and answering phone calls for patient intake and scheduling appointments.
- Performs insurance verification and explains benefits.
- Greets patients, collects co-pays and reconciles daily patient and co-pay logs.
- Maintains patient charts including inputting data accurately, running audit reports and providing support functions to maintain the integrity of electronic patient files. Ensures prescriptions/referrals and physician signed Plans of Care (POC) are current, provides notes to nurse case managers as required
- Performs modalities under the direction of therapists including but not limited to ultrasounds, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, ice or heat therapy.
- Prepares and responds to request for medical records.
- Performs clinic opening and closing responsibilities including cleaning and sanitizing of clinic and clinic equipment.
- Maintains clinic supplies.
- Performs administrative duties in support of location therapist.
- Performs marketing activities as directed.
- All duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED equivalency is required.
Must have above average work ethic and dedication to patient success, good communication skills, demonstrated ability to perform detailed and accurate work and perform work independently. Basic computer skills are required. CPR and first aid certification helpful.
Must possess the ability to perform all duties with regard to state and federal laws and regulations including maintaining patient privacy in accordance with HIPPA and new regulations as they occur.
Must be able to perform a combination of sitting, standing and/or walking for up to 8-10 hours/day.
Must be able to work on a computer based EMR for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to use personal computers with an intermediate understanding level of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word software.
- Ability to learn and understand other applications, as necessary.
|Job Category||First Shift, Full Time|