Job Title: Family Support Worker (FSW)
Reports to: Healthy Families Supervisor
Job summary: Responsible for performing home visiting services to overburdened pregnant and parenting families. This position is hourly non-exempt.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience working with families, adolescents and infants/children
- Ability to communicate well with others and further the mission of the YWCA
- Obtain and document a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of professional development annually
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree or High school diploma with experience in the field
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provides specialized in-home services in order to improve the perinatal health of both mothers and baby, including emotional attachment, labor and delivery support, and infant nurturing
- Perform home visits according to participant level of service
- Provide culturally appropriate services
- Educate family on developmental stages and administer developmental screenings
- Encourage positive interactions between mother and child and extended family members
- Support and encourage breastfeeding; educate participants on contraceptive options
- Assure medical compliance with routine health care and timely immunizations
- Assist participant in developing a support system and setting personal and educational goals
- Documentation of home visits and outcomes
- Community outreach
- Other duties include regular attendance at staff meetings and required trainings, following a team centered approach
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO or CAO
** For a short time, YWCA will be giving a $1000 bonus. $500 payable when employee completes 90 days successfully after hire-in and the other $500 when they complete 6 months of employment successfully. They will only be eligible if they complete both phases without disciplinary action, including verbal and written warnings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description should not be read as creating an express or implied contract, nor is it intended to alter the employment-at-will relationship. Employment with the YWCA Northwestern Illinois is “at-will” and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, at the option of either the YWCA or the employee.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift, Full Time|