Title CORE Receptionist
Program(s) Child Care Solutions (CORE)
Reports to Co-Director, Child Care Resource & Referral
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. This position is an hourly non-exempt position.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of at least a high school diploma or equivalency certification (GED), Associates Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- At least two years customer service experience.
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Technical proficiency with a personal computer and various software packages.
- General knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.
- Must become Gateways to Opportunities Registry member within two (2) months of employment.
- Obtain and document a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of professional development annually.
- Completion of INCCRRA CSD training by December 2016, or for new staff within one year of hire.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides friendly, helpful, welcoming treatment to all guests, treating everyone as a priority.
- Maintain an awareness of guest needs and serve as a first point of contact.
- Answers telephone and route calls; return all voicemails within a reasonable timeframe.
- Mail, fax, or emails phone requested forms.
- Follows procedures for efficient customer service operations.
- Date stamps and files all paperwork before the end of shift.
- Maintains desk area (clean entire desk area, removing files, etc. and dusting under obstacles bi-monthly), lobby, and gathering area, reporting any facility needs to the CORE Director.
- Participates in community activities including community events, media campaigns, promotional materials, and community presentations.
- Participates in staff meetings, working to uphold the mission of the Child Care Resource & Referral and YWCA Northwestern Illinois.
- Participates in continuing education activities.
- Communicates with impartiality and respect all parents’/guardians child care choices.
- Speaks to the purpose and services of all YWCA programming.
- Responds with sensitivity to families’ socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, individual needs and capabilities.
- Reflects agency image in appropriate manner, behavior and dress.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills require of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description should not be read as creating an express or implied contract, nor is it intended to alter the employment-at-will relationship. Employment with the YWCA is “at-will” and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, at the option of either the YWCA or the employee.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift|