CONTROLS ENGINEER – EXCITING OPPORTUNITY IN MONROE, WI
Coordinates selection, design, and programming of all instrumentation and control components to meet applicable codes, technical specifications, and customer requirements for all burner orders. Accountable for developing, modifying, debugging, and testing existing or new electromechanical and PLC-based burner control systems.
Essential Functions …
- Writes/develops programs using PLC and C++ platforms for current orders as well as for new products and applications.
- Provides technical training to designers, junior-level engineers, technicians, production staff, and production personnel.
- Communicate technical and/or design information to management and other stakeholders, including suppliers, operations team, sales/marketing departments, and, when necessary, representatives.
- Strong Variable Frequency Drives programming, use, and troubleshooting are essential
- Provides technical assistance to other internal departments. Participates in problem resolution as it relates to the assigned product.
- Creates and documents engineering specifications, revises and documents methods and procedures, and authorizes changes to improve product performance.
- Writes and revises the technical content of installation and maintenance manuals, applicable product documentation, and sales literature support.
- When applicable ensure that necessary project plans and schedules are developed to meet contractual requirements, and initiate actions as needed to ensure achievement.
- Evaluates new concepts, components, methods, conversion products, or equipment to enhance productivity and reduce costs.
- Remains current on applicable codes and safety regulations as they relate to the product line. Communicates these requirements to others as needed.
- Represents the Company as directed in its relationships with customers and/or suppliers.
- Ability to work well with fellow employees including active participation in employee involvement activities and problem-solving.
- Fully supports and participates in promoting safety at all times.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization as well as internal and external customers.
- Supports, promotes, and performs in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of Cleaver-Brooks, which includes following all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Functions …
- Responsible for performing burner testing in production when final testers are unavailable due to unanticipated short-term absences or lack of labor force.
Preferred Skills …
- Advanced reading and interpretation of wiring diagrams.
- Advanced understanding of electrical components, their usage and performance.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical test instruments and measuring equipment.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Advanced decision-making capabilities.
Physical Skill and Effort …
Work requires highly skilled, precise, complicated, and/or difficult manual skills. Work may involve a considerable variety of steady types of physical exertion. The position also requires extensive standing, walking, and occasional climbing as part of normal job duties.
Working Conditions and Hazards …
Normal plant, shop, field, or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Eventual exposure to hazardous conditions.
Do You Qualify …
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Additional related experience of minimum of 15 years may substitute for Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of burner and boiler controls and operation preferred.
- Experience in programming Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fireye, and various loop controllers preferred.
|Job Category||First Shift|