Position: Business Service Specialist
Reports to: One Stop Operator Operations Manager
Date: February 2020
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Business Service Specialist works with employers and The Workforce Connection Business Service Team to establish meaningful relationships with area employers and serve the needs of employers and the workforce. Will develop work based learning and training opportunities for participants and employers to ensure The Workforce Connection is the recruitment tool of choice for employers in the region.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Establish relationships and maintain close contact with area employers for job development and placement opportunities.
- Communicate with The Workforce Connection staff and partners to ensure employer and customer needs are met.
- Create and monitor contracts for work based learning and incumbent worker projects with area employers
- Met measurable outcomes and metrics as established by Goodwill and The Workforce Connection
- Create appropriate matches with candidates and employers to ensure successful employment outcomes .
- Become familiar with the vouchering process as it relates to equipment purchases for work-based learning, background checks and drug screens.
- Be responsive to the inquiries and needs of area employers as they relate to program services.
- Maintain participant files and participant monthly contact.
- Assist with the planning, development, coordination, marketing, and evaluation of the business services for Workforce Connection programs.
- Counsel and provide on-going case management to program participants who are enrolled in an OJT or WEX service.
- Coordinate, develop and assist with assigned services, records, reports and program development.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate workshops for customers and employers.
- Develop and maintain participant and employer databases measuring level of business activity.
- Participate in planning/evaluation sessions with other program staff.
- Attend and participate in conferences and workshops as they relate to job duties.
- Stay current with community employment needs and related skills required for employment
- Show flexibility and tolerance in dealing with persons from disadvantaged social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: Business Services Team Lead, The Workforce Connection Operations Manager
Customers at the Workforce Connection, may have supervision of student worker assistants
Qualifications & Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, sales, or related preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience required. Experience working with industry or employers preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High customer service focus.
- Functional use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Sensory and Physical Requirements:
Ability to efficiently and effectively perform all functions of the job. Ability to clearly communicate program details and information to both funders and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate the benefits of the Workforce Connection and its programs to employers and deliver on promises.
- Ability to create innovative solutions for business and job seekers.
- Working with individuals and creating solutions for employment outcomes.
The work is conducted at The Workforce Connection Career Centers in Rockford, Freeport, and Belvidere, with frequent travel to employers in the community. Hours are primarily day time hours, but on occasion, can include evening and/or weekend hours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the employee’s supervisor.
Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to perform this job successfully. The incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who represent a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Goodwill of Northern Illinois is an equal opportunity employer.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is at will.
Apply and interview at workplace, 4701 E. State St, Rockford Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm or fill out our EZ Registration form.
|Job Category||First Shift|