Attracting, retaining and managing talent is important to the success of any organization, especially in times of uncertainty. Your organization’s ability to handle talent acquisition during sudden changes, shifting priorities or unprecedented events is being tested. Human Resource departments are being confronted with challenges presented by the current pandemic.
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) can be a great solution to alleviate the stress on your HR team while still actively recruiting and filling your pipeline for future needs.
What is RPO?
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is when an organization transfers all or part of its recruitment function to an external partner. RPO programs can streamline the talent acquisition process by increasing the number of qualified candidates while lowering hiring costs and reducing time to fill.
Six Benefits of RPO
- Reduce cost – Free up internal resources and reduce your average cost-per-hire, possibly by up to 50 percent. Your RPO partner takes over the time intensive workload of the entire recruiting function from writing job descriptions to candidate screening to scheduling interviews.
- Fill your funnel – RPO is an effective tool to maintain a good talent pipeline for those positions that are critical to the performance and productivity of your organization. An RPO partner can keep your funnel full and keep you abreast of top talent that might be passively looking and good fit for the key positions that impact KPI’s.
- Shorten time to hire – The hiring process can be very time consuming and lengthy. By building a pipeline, you will have quality candidates when you need them. Let your RPO partner take on the bulk of the work load.
- Leverage expertise – Your RPO partner will spend considerable time and resources attracting the most qualified candidates with aggressive recruiting, tapping into the best talent in the market.
- Improve quality of hires – Finding the right fit for the position and your organization improves the long-term success of your organization. An experienced and knowledgeable recruiter can focus on the details and subtleties that often don’t surface in a standard interview or through reviewing a resume. In addition, a comprehensive assessment process serves to eliminate the disruption caused by ineffective and inadequate selection practices.
- Respond to organization’s changing needs – An RPO solutions allows your organization to adjust quickly as your hiring needs change without adding extra to work to your internal staff. You can scale up on a moment’s notice to meet unanticipated demands in today’s uncertain economic climate.
As you consider RPO as an option for your organization, keep in mind that this solution is not just about outsourcing your recruiting, it is about finding the right partner to help manage the people, processes and strategy of your talent acquisition function.