Searching for top talent? Our search experts can find the best in the market.
For 25 years, we have honed our skills as a multi-industry professional and executive search firm that seeks and attracts talent from a variety of candidate pools. We excel at finding, assessing and selecting high-performing professional, top-level management and C-level executives in both the private and public sector. We have methods for identifying peak performers and a track record of excellent employees retained.
our unique approach
Our commitment to understanding the specific human capital needs of every business partner and talents of each applicant has made us the experts in building effective organizations. The failure of most executive search firms is that they are singular in focus and recycle candidates for multiple job openings. Most recruiters find talent on the market. We find the best available talent in the market.
our regional focus and national reach
In the global marketplace, workplace understands that an organization may need to search outside of the regional community for its talent needs. We have undertaken many successful national searches. We know what it takes to identify top talent in other communities and attract them to Northern Illinois.
In addition to our breadth of national searches, we are also firmly committed to finding talent in our own backyard. We have an extensive local network, an impressive track record of community activism and a proven history of solid relationships with local organizations.
our method is based on success
Through years of service, workplace has refined a four-phase process that not only produces results but also promotes confidence for the new hire and organization.
Phase 1: Opportunity Analysis
- Getting to Know the Client. By understanding an organization’s culture, vision and values, and defining what a new hire must achieve, workplace assures the position is filled with a qualified professional who meets and exceeds expectations. Laying this foundation dramatically increases hiring accuracy.
- Building a Success Factor Snapshot. This unique document, which ties an individual’s performance to the company’s operating plan, clearly defines what the new hire must achieve during the first twelve to eighteen months.
- Developing a Sourcing Strategy. Based on the Success Factory Snapshot and an understanding of the organization, we develop a plan of action to source candidates.
Phase 2: Candidate Sourcing
- Identifying Talent. We use an arsenal of search tools, including numerous technology resources and proactive personal networking to locate and attract the highest quality candidates.
- Assessing Talent. We utilize a battery of screening tools to uncover a candidate’s leadership style and ability, education and work history, strengths, knowledge, skills and emotional intelligence.
Phase 3: Candidate Selection
- Profiling Candidates. The strongest candidates’ qualification, resume, assessments and supporting documentation are summarized and presented to the client organization.
- Interviewing Candidates. We provide client site interview preparation and work with our client to draft interview questions and facilitate candidate interviews.
Phase 4: Onboarding.
- Overcoming Obstacles to Hire. Our approach identifies and helps overcome obstacles to completing the hire in a timely manner. We manage the process so that desirable candidates stay interested. We act as an intermediary, diplomatically ensuring that the search is completed to everyone’s satisfaction.
- Onboarding. For us, onboarding begins the moment a candidate becomes aware of the position. Our process ensures that the client and position branding are attractive, and that the candidate becomes immersed in company culture from the earliest stage.
our commitment to integrity
We carefully adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards in our recruiting process. Although our clients often have some of the best talent in the region, we never recruit from an active client’s talent pool, and we refrain from pursuing candidates we have placed. In addition, we maintain strict confidentially of clients and candidates alike.
sample of recently completed searches
- Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Director (Vice President) of Budget and Finance
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Payroll Coordinator
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Director of Human Resources
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Generalist
- Human Resources Assistant
Operations Senior Leadership
- Chief Operations Officer
- General Manager
- Director of Operations (Executive Director)
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Quality Control Engineering Manager
- Director of Commercial Construction
- Contract Compliance Coordinator
- Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Quality Control Supervisor
- Manufacturing Production Supervisor
- Manufacturing Project Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Commercial Construction Project Manager
- Service Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Chief of Staff
- Strategic Aide to CEO
- Executive Assistant(s) to CEO, CFO, board of directors and other C-Level Executive
Sales and Marketing
- Director of Business Development
- Marketing Manager
- Technical Sales Manager
- Sales Coordinator
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Sales and Marketing Assistant
- Director of Information Technology
- MS SQL Server Programmer
- Programmer Analyst (Web Developer)
- Network Administrator
- Windows System Administrator
- Help Desk Administrator
To learn more about our executive and professional search services, call us today at 815.961.0500!