Reports To: Department: Location: Supervises: FLSA Status:
Senior Vice President Executive
Rockford Yes Exempt
Effective Date: January 1, 2014
This job requires domestic travel occasionally and international travel rarely.
- Develops the strategic plan for his/her area of responsibility that aligns to divisional plans and links with plans in other Sets goals and drives the actions within his/her scope to implement and achieve the plan.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of his/her reporting functions: Manufacturing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Accounting, and Human Resources. Directly supervises the management of these
- Establishes an effective organizational structure within his/her scope and ensures the selection of appropriate individuals to lead the respective
- Promotes and role models the Company’s policies, processes, and the Concentric Business Excellence (CBE) model and thereby ensures all employees are focused appropriately on safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Establishes effective methods and metrics to evaluate business performance to quickly identify and address issues that arise to ensure that problems are resolved and business objectives are
- Maintains effective financial controls to meet budget This includes reviewing and approving operating budgets, expenditures, and capital investments within his/her scope.
- Maintains effective communications in all This includes regular meetings with direct reports, meetings with individuals as appropriate, and leading employee meetings to share business performance and to provide other relevant updates.
- Interfaces with customer and supplier representatives as needed to foster goodwill and to provide the needed authority when resolving issues that interfere with the Company’s ability to meet its goals and
- Maintains close and effective communications with his/her This includes sharing ideas and concerns in a forthright manner, providing and accepting advice, and collaborating on strategies and tactics to achieve business targets.
- All other activities and duties as
Education, Certification, and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business, operations management, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or a related field.
Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in business or engineering.
Ten years of operation management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Operation management experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing CNC technology. Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt.
Competences / Skills:
To the level required by this job, the employee should be able to…
- Work well with others in a collaborative manner to meet customer requirements while following our core value of Respect for the This includes respectfully communicating and resolving conflicts with others.
- Apply leadership skills to supervise and empower direct This includes role modeling a respectful environment, communicating expectations, developing abilities, providing timely feedback, and ensuring performance accountability.
- Apply structured problem solving methodologies to determine root cause including 5 Why, 8D, Fishbone,
- Apply structured tools to evaluate alternatives and make a
- Manage the resources, schedule, and costs to successfully complete a project within scope. Includes risk management, cost and time estimating, creating and following a project plan, leading the project team, and reporting progress to the
- Apply Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving tools to reduce variation in
- Apply lean principles to reduce or eliminate
- Apply knowledge of assembly operations to meet the requirements of safety, quality, productivity, and This includes analyzing current capacity, determining minimum staffing needs, resolving issues, and improving
- Apply knowledge of machining operations to meet the requirements of safety, quality, productivity, and This includes analyzing current capacity, determining minimum staffing needs, resolving issues, and improving
- Use an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system—specifically INFOR/MAPICS.
- Interpret and use the information contained within financial reports to make decisions and take Prepare a budget, monitor budget performance, and implement cost controls to achieve budget commitments.
To perform this job, the employee must be able to regularly…
- Lift: Use arms, back, and legs to raise, lower, transfer, or support items weighing up to 10 lbs. —rarely up to 50 lbs.
- Reach: Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Sit: Sit for sustained periods of
- Finger: Use primarily the fingers to pick, pinch, type,
- Talk: Use spoken word to communicate accurately, loudly, or
- See close: See clearly within arm’s reach (e.g. documents, gages, )
- Listen: Perceive speech to receive detailed information via the spoken
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org