FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Summary: Supports the strategic purchasing function through cost savings, product improvement, quality, on-time delivery and vendor management
- Supports continuous improvement activities within the purchasing operations and throughout the organization.
- Support KPI metric and drive improvement where needed.
- Supports Supply chain LDMS activities.
- Works with supply base to identify and implement cost improvements.
- Develops strategic programs for LTA’s.
- Help resolve operational issues regarding supplier quality/delivery and drive improvements where necessary.
- Resolves accounting issues regarding price variances.
- Issues requests for quotation and identifies the best opportunity for the facility and entire organization for supplied material, services or equipment.
- Supports supplied material requirements for new product/supplier introduction through prototype/pre-production build requirements and PPAP approval.
- Supports changes to the approved supplier list.
- Maintains purchasing price standards and issue master release purchase orders where necessary.
- Supports updates to cost savings reports on a monthly basis – SFMOP/SM02 documents.
- Activities as assigned related to and in support of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Ability to collect and research data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, and designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions and works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects and completes projects on time and budget.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and get clarification, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings including upper management, peers and customers.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions, demonstrates knowledge of marker and competition and aligns work with strategic goals.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and understands organization’s strength and weakness.
Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgement, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources and develops realistic action plans.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Associates Degree or equivalent; or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Technical Skills – Ability to read drawings.
Computer Skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (as user)
Abilities – Math – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Ability to calculate currency and surcharges.
Reasoning – Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and drew valid conclusion.
The work environment characteristics describes here are representatives of those an employee encounter while performing the essential function of the job.
Work is performed in an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment in moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach hands and arms.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com