Summary: Interfaces directly with supported end-users to provide hardware, software, network and applications problem resolution. Is familiar with industry standard desktop operating systems and office automation software suites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Help Desk Technicians must be able to clearly communicate via phone, portals and instant messaging with end users. Help Desk Technicians must have experience troubleshooting core services (file, e-mail, print, web, portal and transport). Help Desk Technicians should be qualified to perform the following functions:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of user issues, including desktop, laptop, mobile, data processing and infrastructure related problems.
- Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding software including Windows 7, MS Office applications, email, Stenstrom ERP, Internet connections, and hardware/peripheral equipment.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot end-point, network, system devices
- Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Stenstrom helpdesk ticketing system.
- Maintain hardware inventories, locations and status; includes desktops, laptops, ipads and cellular phones
- Create and update network documentation
- Create, modify and delete user accounts via Active Directory, submit changes to manager.
- Assist IT Manager with roll outs, upgrades and projects
- Monitor and resolve alerts related to security systems such as Anti-Malware, Anti-Virus
- Serve as point of contact for company website modifications
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above one own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- College AAS degree
- College business degree (BS/BA) a plus
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Understanding of IP addressing and subnets
- Understanding of hexadecimal and binary number systems
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of customers.
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good prioritization skills
- Professional phone skills
- Other Qualifications: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org