Supervisor, Information Services
Reports To: Manager/Controller, Accounting North America
Department: Information Services
FLSA Status: Salary
Pay Grade: SPG55
Effective Date: Feb 15, 2021
Works under the general direction of the Accounting Manager/Controller and in conjunction with the IT manager in Birmingham UK performing duties required to implement and maintain superior information services within the company. Utilize systems knowledge and change management techniques in order to enhance current business systems. This position occasionally requires travel, late work hours, long work hours, and weekend work.
- Work under the general direction of the Finance Controller and UK IT Manager.
- Actively promote the development of organizational information systems capability.
- Promote organizational discipline as it relates to information systems issues.
- Establish and implement departmental and companywide policies to assure security of data and equipment and software consistency.
- Maintain knowledge of latest developments in Information Systems and technology and propose potential use of new developments within the company.
- Coordinate, review and approve the acquisition of all computer hardware and software.
- Act as a resource for Engineering Department in the development and implementation of CAD/CAM systems.
- Provide system management and support for Local Area Network (LAN) and CAD/CAM equipment.
- Provide personal computer support relative to daily use of equipment, education, and equipment and software recommendations.
- Be responsible for training company employees in the use of Information Services resources.
- Manage operations and programming activities.
- Interface with business process owners and process users on preliminary as well as detailed change projects advocating user involvement in design, testing, and system documentation. (See Business Analyst Job description)
- Approve and oversee initial design of all application development.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation and communication of assigned continuous improvement projects. This would include leading these projects as required. (See Business Analyst Job description)
- Maintain balance and interface between centralized and Personal Computer resources.
- Administer maintenance program for all hardware and software.
- Pro-actively develop EDI relationships with trading partners.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of the AS/400, MAPICS, Personal Computers, and communications.
- Install, configure, support and maintain client ERP software and all other commercial and in-house written applications. This includes IBM AS400, CL, RPG, SQL400, Query400, MAPICS XA Infor Power-Link, Bar-Code/RF scan, EDI, PLMC, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, CAD, and EPDM. (See Business Analyst Job description)
- Install, configure, support and maintain server operating system software including IBM AS400 server, Windows server, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SQL server. (See Business Analyst Job description)
Education, Certification, and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and seven to ten years’ experience in IBM I Series/AS400 mid-range systems. In-depth knowledge of AS400 operating system and MAPICS applications. High level of technical knowledge of Personal Computers and LAN’s. General knowledge of all business areas of a manufacturing company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and seven to ten years’ experience in mid-range systems. In-depth knowledge of AS400 operating system and MAPICS applications. High level of technical knowledge of Personal Computers and LAN’s. General knowledge of all business areas of a manufacturing company.
Competences / Skills:
To the level required by this job, the employee should be able to…
- Demonstrated competencies in change management, leadership, analytical thinking, written and verbal communications, problem solving and teamwork.
- Demonstrated competencies in integrated ERP business systems such as MAPICS, EDI, and manufacturing data collection software.
- Demonstrated competencies in IBM AS400, native RPG language, interactive coding, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work well with others in a collaborative manner to meet customer requirements while following our core value of Respect for the Individual. This includes respectfully communicating and resolving conflicts with others.
- Manage the resources and schedule to successfully complete a project within scope.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Apply 5S principles to sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain the changes in a work area.
To perform this job, the employee must be able to regularly…
- Talk, hear and see: Use spoken word to communicate accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Listen: Perceive speech to receive detailed information via the spoken word.
- Stand: Stand for sustained periods of time.
- Sit: Sit for sustained periods of time.
- Walk: Move about on foot, especially to cover long distances.
- Climb: Ascend or descend stairs, ladders, etc.
- Finger: Use primarily the fingers to pick, pinch, type, etc.
- Grasp: Use fingers and palm to apply pressure.
- Lift: Use arms, back, and legs to raise, lower, transfer, or support items weighing up to 20 lbs.—rarely up to 50 lbs.
- Kneel: To reach computers, phone/LAN jacks, wires, cables, cords, and power strips.
- Reach: Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org