Job Title: Development Specialist
Reports to: Executive Recruiter
Job Summary: Grow the external funding revenues to support the mission of the affiliate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the organizations efforts in securing contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, organizations, churches and special events.
- Work with current individual donors to steward their gifts and transition them to larger gifts.
- Identify new individuals to support the mission and secure contributions from them.
- Take the lead on local fundraising events to include planning, sponsorship solicitation, partnering with affiliate Volunteer Coordinator for staffing assistance, and on-site execution of the event.
- Identify potential local organization partners, and prepare effective presentations to gain new support for the mission of our affiliate.
- Research corporate and business sources for financial support, and execute securing financial commitments.
- Write annual appeal letters and human-interest stories to be used in public relations and material and track appeal responses.
- Partner with local faith organizations to secure financial support of our Faith Build.
- Develop a recognition program that highlights current supporters, while encouraging them and others to increase their support.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to plan and execute the comprehensive development plan.
- Must possess excellent writing skills
- Education – college degree preferred
- Previous fund-raising experience with charitable or non-profit organization
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills required
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and competency in e-mail and other basic on-line systems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details, with the ability to multitask in a dynamic work environment while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude that promotes successful teamwork and collaboration
- Possess a professional demeanor that allows you to represent the mission and strategic goals and objectives of RAHFH in a positive manner
For all the above-mentioned roles, the responsibilities listed may also include additional duties by the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities presented in this job description are intended to be representative in nature and should not be construed as an exhaustive list.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org