Content Managing Editor
Mid-West Family in Rockford is looking for a Content Managing Editor to lead the efforts on content generation in our community and the surrounding areas. This person is part Ben Bradlee, part Ken Burns, part Mike Royko, part Erin Andrews, and part Bob Woodward. The ideal person selected for this role will be able to tell the stories in the community that people want to hear and not just focus on “sensation” or “click bait.”
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. Content Managing Editor duties include producing and publishing content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and eventually managing a content team, among other tasks.
The person selected for this role should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, content is defined as multimedia articles, blog posts, images or videos that aid in fostering engagement online. This person must be comfortable working in a cross-functional role, supporting our company’s portfolio of brands.
Content Managing Editor Responsibilities:
- Writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Building a content team consisting of writers, graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Build a following on social media.
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members.
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Manage content across all platforms, including email and social media.
Content Managing Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3-4 years agency experience or in a similar role.
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly computer literate and advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- Experience with social media management.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content.
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Mid-West Family is committed to diversity, equity, equality, and inclusion in all of its business and hiring practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org