YWCA Child Care Quality Specialist
Responsible for increasing the quality of care in child care settings, with a focus on high need children first. In addition, providing training, technical assistance, consultation and resources to child care providers to assist them in achieving/maintaining an ExceleRate Illinois Circle of Quality.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in child development or early childhood education OR a Bachelor degree in one of the following related fields (Child Psychology/Behavioral Sciences, Family Consumer Sciences, Social Work, Elementary Education, Child Welfare, Family Services, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development) with a minimum of 18 hours in early childhood coursework.
- Minimum two (2) years paid experience working in a child care setting as a family child care provider, center-based administrator, center-based teacher or teacher assistant or Illinois Preschool for All teacher
- Shall be an Approved Trainer for the Gateways to Opportunity Registry within twelve (12) months of employment
- Must complete required Illinois Department of Human Services trainings, travel required.
- Technical proficiency with a personal computer and various software packages
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and mentoring techniques
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
- Comfortable with networking and establishing collaborations
- Strong knowledge of community resources
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute
- Current Illinois driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description should not be read as creating an express or implied contract, nor is it intended to alter the employment-at-will relationship. Employment with the YWCA Northwestern Illinois is “at-will” and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, at the option of either the YWCA or the employee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org